Avocado basil cucumber bites are a light and refreshing appetizer or snack that combines the creaminess of avocado with the fresh flavors of basil and cucumber. They’re easy to make and perfect for serving at parties or as a healthy snack. Here’s how to prepare them:
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 ripe avocado
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cherry tomatoes (optional, for garnish)
- Olive oil (optional, for drizzling)
- Balsamic glaze (optional, for drizzling)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by washing and peeling the cucumber. You can leave some strips of the peel on for a decorative touch if you like.
- Slice the cucumber into rounds, each about 1/2 inch thick. These rounds will serve as the base for your avocado basil bites.
- Cut the ripe avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork and season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take a cucumber round and spread a small spoonful of the mashed avocado on top.
- Place a fresh basil leaf on top of the avocado. You can use whole basil leaves or tear them into smaller pieces.
- If desired, you can add a halved cherry tomato on top for a burst of color and flavor.
- Optionally, drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic glaze over the avocado basil cucumber bites for added taste.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cucumber rounds.
- Arrange the avocado basil cucumber bites on a serving platter and serve immediately. They are best enjoyed fresh.
These avocado basil cucumber bites are not only delicious but also a great source of vitamins and healthy fats. They make a delightful and healthy appetizer for any occasion, and the combination of flavors is sure to impress your guests.