Raw cherry crisp with chia and dates is a delicious and healthy dessert that’s full of natural flavors and sweetened with wholesome ingredients. This raw dessert is gluten-free, vegan, and requires no baking. Here’s how to make it:
For the Cherry Filling:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cherries (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or agave nectar
For the Crisp Topping:
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 5-6 dates)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Prepare the Cherry Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cherries, chia seeds, and pure maple syrup or agave nectar. Mix well to ensure the chia seeds are evenly distributed. Let this mixture sit while you prepare the crisp topping to allow the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid and thicken the filling.
- Prepare the Crisp Topping:
- In a food processor, combine the rolled oats, raw almonds, pitted Medjool dates, shredded coconut, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Pulse the mixture until it becomes crumbly and starts to come together. You should have a mixture that sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Assemble the Cherry Crisp:
- Take a serving dish or individual dessert cups and begin layering the cherry filling and the crisp topping. Start with a layer of the cherry mixture and then add a layer of the oat-almond crisp topping. Repeat this process until you’ve used all of the filling and topping. You can create as many layers as you like.
- Chill and Serve:
- Place the assembled cherry crisp in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow it to firm up slightly and chill. This will also allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Serve the raw cherry crisp with chia and dates chilled. You can garnish with additional fresh cherries or a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
- Enjoy your Raw Cherry Crisp!
This raw cherry crisp is a delightful and guilt-free dessert that’s perfect for warm weather or any time you’re craving a fruity and wholesome treat. It’s also a great way to enjoy fresh cherries when they’re in season. Feel free to customize the crisp topping with your favorite nuts or spices for added variety.