Peanut Mallow Bars are a delightful dessert that combines the nutty flavor of peanuts with the sweet and gooey goodness of marshmallows. They are easy to make and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. Here’s a recipe for Peanut Mallow Bars:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare a Baking Pan:
- Grease a 9×9-inch (or similar size) square baking pan or line it with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal later.
- Melt Butter and Peanut Butter:
- In a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and peanut butter together, stirring until smooth and well combined.
- Add Graham Cracker Crumbs:
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the graham cracker crumbs until the mixture is evenly coated.
- Press into Pan:
- Press the peanut butter and graham cracker mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan to create an even crust layer. Use the back of a spoon or your clean hands to do this.
- Sprinkle with Marshmallows:
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows evenly over the crust layer.
- Prepare Chocolate Topping:
- In a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour Chocolate Over Marshmallows:
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the marshmallows, spreading it evenly to cover them completely.
- Place the baking pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until the bars are set and the chocolate has hardened.
- Cut and Serve:
- Once the bars are fully set, use a sharp knife to cut them into squares or rectangles. You can dip the knife in hot water to make cutting easier and cleaner.
- Enjoy your Peanut Mallow Bars:
- Serve the bars and enjoy their sweet and nutty deliciousness!
These Peanut Mallow Bars are a fantastic treat for peanut butter lovers and those who enjoy the combination of sweet and salty flavors. They’re perfect for picnics, potlucks, or as an easy dessert to satisfy your cravings.