Creamy banana and brown sugar popsicles are a delightful frozen treat that’s both sweet and creamy. They’re easy to make and perfect for a hot summer day. Here’s a simple recipe:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (any type you prefer, such as whole milk, almond milk, or coconut milk)
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Prepare the Banana Mixture:
- Peel the ripe bananas and place them in a blender or food processor.
- Add the plain Greek yogurt, milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt to the blender with the bananas.
- Blend until Smooth:
- Blend the mixture until it’s completely smooth and all the ingredients are well combined. Taste it and adjust the sweetness with more brown sugar if needed.
- Pour into Popsicle Molds:
- Pour the creamy banana mixture into your popsicle molds. Leave a small gap at the top to allow for expansion as the popsicles freeze.
- Insert Sticks:
- Place popsicle sticks or handles into each mold, making sure they stand upright.
- Put the popsicle molds in the freezer and let them freeze for at least 4-6 hours or until they are completely solid.
- Unmold and Serve:
- To remove the popsicles from the molds, run them briefly under warm water to loosen. Gently pull the popsicles out of the molds.
- Serve the creamy banana and brown sugar popsicles immediately and enjoy!
These creamy banana popsicles are a delicious and healthier alternative to store-bought ice cream treats. They’re a great way to use up ripe bananas and satisfy your sweet tooth during the warm months. Feel free to get creative by adding chocolate chips, crushed cookies, or chopped nuts for added texture and flavor.