Baked sesame salmon is a flavorful and healthy dish that’s easy to prepare. The combination of sesame seeds and salmon creates a delicious crust and adds a nutty flavor to the fish. Here’s a simple recipe for baked sesame salmon:
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6-8 ounces each), skin-on or skinless
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for a gluten-free option)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (white or black)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional, for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- Prepare the Sesame Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, honey or maple syrup, sesame seeds, grated ginger, and minced garlic. This mixture will be used as a glaze for the salmon.
- Season the Salmon:
- Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet, skin-side down if your salmon has skin. Season the salmon fillets with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Brush with Glaze:
- Use a brush or a spoon to generously brush the sesame glaze over the salmon fillets. Make sure to coat them evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your desired level of doneness. Salmon is typically done when it flakes easily with a fork and the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
- Optional Broiling:
- For a crispy top, you can switch the oven to broil (with the salmon on the top rack) for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Remove the baked sesame salmon from the oven, garnish with sliced green onions if desired, and serve immediately.
- Serve with Lemon:
- Provide lemon wedges for squeezing over the salmon just before eating. The citrusy freshness complements the nutty sesame flavor.
Baked sesame salmon is a delightful dish that’s both healthy and bursting with flavor. It pairs well with steamed rice, quinoa, or a variety of vegetables. Enjoy this easy-to-make seafood dish for a delicious and satisfying meal.