Avocado spinach dip is a creamy and nutritious appetizer that combines the richness of avocados with the earthy flavor of spinach. It’s a great option for parties, gatherings, or simply as a tasty snack. Here’s a simple recipe for making avocado spinach dip:
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for some heat)
- Tortilla chips, pita bread, or vegetable sticks for dipping
- In a food processor or blender, combine the ripe avocados, thawed and well-drained spinach, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and fresh lemon juice.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides of the processor or blender a few times to ensure everything is well combined.
- Season the dip with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Transfer the avocado spinach dip to a serving bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, ensuring the wrap touches the surface of the dip to prevent browning.
- Refrigerate the dip for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and the dip to chill.
- Before serving, garnish with a sprinkle of extra Parmesan cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, or some chopped fresh herbs if desired.
- Serve the avocado spinach dip with tortilla chips, pita bread, or a selection of fresh vegetable sticks like carrots, celery, and cucumber.
This avocado spinach dip is not only delicious but also packed with healthy fats and nutrients from the avocados and spinach. It’s a crowd-pleaser and perfect for parties or gatherings, and it’s also a great option for a quick and tasty snack. Enjoy!