Super simple salmon is a quick and easy way to prepare delicious salmon fillets. Here’s a basic recipe for making super simple baked salmon:
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each), skin-on or skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs (such as dill, parsley, or thyme), for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the Salmon:
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels. If using fillets with skin, you can leave the skin on or remove it, depending on your preference.
- Season the Salmon:
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil over the fillets and sprinkle minced garlic evenly. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add Lemon Slices:
- Lay lemon slices over the salmon fillets. The lemon not only adds flavor but also helps keep the salmon moist.
- Bake the Salmon:
- Place the baking sheet with the salmon in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork and reaches your desired level of doneness. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- If desired, garnish the super simple salmon with fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley, or thyme.
- Carefully transfer the baked salmon fillets to serving plates and serve hot. You can serve the salmon with your favorite side dishes, such as steamed vegetables, rice, or a salad.
This super simple salmon recipe is not only easy to make but also incredibly versatile. You can customize the seasoning and garnish to your liking, adding ingredients like lemon zest, paprika, or even a drizzle of honey for a different flavor profile. It’s a healthy and delicious way to enjoy salmon with minimal effort.