Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are a delightful dessert that combines the rich flavor of red velvet with the creamy goodness of cheesecake. These brownies have a visually appealing red and white swirl and are perfect for special occasions or indulgent treats. Here’s a recipe to make Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies:
For the Brownie Layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the Cheesecake Swirl:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line an 8×8-inch (20×20 cm) baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides for easy removal.
- Prepare the Brownie Batter:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, and red food coloring to form a smooth paste.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until the batter turns red and is well combined.
- Gently fold in the all-purpose flour until just incorporated. Be careful not to overmix.
- Prepare the Cheesecake Swirl:
- In another mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and egg until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Layer the Batter:
- Pour about two-thirds of the red velvet brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Add the Cheesecake Swirl:
- Drop spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture onto the brownie batter in the pan.
- Use a knife or skewer to swirl the cheesecake mixture into the brownie batter, creating a marbled pattern.
- Finish with Remaining Batter:
- Pour the remaining red velvet brownie batter over the cheesecake swirl layer and spread it evenly, covering the cheesecake layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes, then use the parchment paper overhang to lift them out of the pan and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and Serve:
- Once the brownies are completely cool, slice them into squares and serve.
- Enjoy your Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies!
These brownies are a delightful combination of red velvet and cheesecake flavors. They are perfect for Valentine’s Day, holidays, or any time you’re craving a decadent dessert. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.