Pumpkin oatmeal is a delightful and comforting breakfast option, especially during the fall season. It combines the creaminess of oatmeal with the warm and earthy flavors of pumpkin and spices. Here’s a simple recipe to make pumpkin oatmeal:
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy like almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- A pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: chopped nuts, dried fruits, pumpkin seeds, extra cinnamon, or a dollop of yogurt
- Combine Ingredients:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the rolled oats, milk, canned pumpkin puree, pure maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves, and a pinch of salt. Stir everything together.
- Cook Oatmeal:
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let the oatmeal cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, you can add a bit more milk to reach your preferred thickness.
- Taste and Adjust:
- Taste the pumpkin oatmeal and adjust the sweetness and spices to your liking. You can add more maple syrup or additional spices if desired.
- Once the oatmeal is cooked to your satisfaction, remove it from the heat and ladle it into bowls.
- Add Toppings:
- Customize your pumpkin oatmeal by adding your favorite toppings. Chopped nuts, dried fruits, pumpkin seeds, extra cinnamon, or a dollop of yogurt are all great options.
- Enjoy your Pumpkin Oatmeal!
This pumpkin oatmeal is a cozy and nutritious breakfast option that’s perfect for chilly mornings. The combination of pumpkin and spices creates a warm and comforting flavor profile, and you can adjust the sweetness and spices to suit your taste. It’s a great way to celebrate the flavors of autumn.