Gluten-free coconut pancakes are a delightful twist on traditional pancakes and are suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease. Here’s a simple recipe to make delicious gluten-free coconut pancakes:
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned, full-fat)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Additional coconut oil for cooking
- Optional toppings: fresh berries, sliced banana, maple syrup, or toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat your griddle or skillet: Place a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly grease it with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour blend, shredded coconut, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Prepare the wet ingredients: In another bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps in the batter are okay.
- Let the batter rest: Allow the batter to rest for about 5 minutes. This gives the gluten-free flour time to absorb the liquid and helps the pancakes become fluffy.
- Cook the pancakes: Once your griddle or skillet is hot, ladle approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto it for each pancake. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a round shape.
- Cook until bubbles form: Cook the pancakes until you see bubbles forming on the surface, which usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side: Carefully flip the pancakes using a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- Keep warm: Remove the pancakes from the griddle and keep them warm in a low oven (around 200°F or 93°C) while you cook the remaining batter.
- Serve: Serve the gluten-free coconut pancakes with your favorite toppings, such as fresh berries, sliced banana, maple syrup, or toasted coconut flakes.
Enjoy your homemade gluten-free coconut pancakes as a delicious and tropical breakfast treat!