A frozen sangria slush is a refreshing and delightful adult beverage, perfect for warm weather or when you want a fruity, icy treat. Here’s a recipe to make frozen sangria slush:
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine (such as a fruity red wine like Merlot or Shiraz)
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur (e.g., triple sec or Grand Marnier)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (adjust to taste, see below for instructions)
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Orange slices, lemon slices, and fresh berries for garnish
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Make Simple Syrup (if needed): In a small saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat and let it cool. You can store any extra simple syrup in the refrigerator for future use.
- Blend the Ingredients: In a blender, combine the red wine, orange liqueur, brandy, fresh orange juice, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup (start with 1/4 cup and adjust sweetness to taste), mixed frozen berries, and ice cubes.
- Blend Until Smooth: Blend the mixture until it becomes a smooth, slushy consistency. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender a couple of times to ensure everything is well blended.
- Taste and Adjust: Taste the frozen sangria slush and adjust the sweetness or tartness to your preference. You can add more simple syrup for sweetness or more lemon juice for tartness.
- Serve: Pour the frozen sangria slush into glasses. Garnish with orange slices, lemon slices, fresh berries, and mint sprigs, if desired.
- Enjoy Responsibly: Remember that this frozen sangria slush contains alcohol, so enjoy it responsibly. It’s perfect for hot summer days, pool parties, or outdoor gatherings.
Feel free to customize your frozen sangria slush by using different types of berries or adjusting the alcohol content to suit your taste. It’s a fun and vibrant drink that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.