Emily Mallory Procter is an American actress and activist. She played Ainsley Hayes in the NBC political drama The West Wing and Det. Calleigh Duquesne in the CBS police procedural drama CSI: Miami.
Emily Procter is an American actress best known for her television roles, particularly for her portrayal of Calleigh Duquesne on the long-running TV series “CSI: Miami.” Here is some information about her career and background:
- Early Life: Emily Procter was born on October 8, 1968, in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA.
- Early Career: Before gaining fame as an actress, Emily Procter worked as a television weather anchor at a local station in Greenville, North Carolina. She later moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
- “The West Wing”: Procter had a recurring role on the popular TV series “The West Wing,” where she played Ainsley Hayes, a conservative Republican lawyer. Her character’s interactions with the show’s regular cast made her a fan favorite.
- “CSI: Miami”: Emily Procter’s most prominent role came in the police procedural series “CSI: Miami,” where she portrayed Calleigh Duquesne, a ballistics expert. She appeared in the series from its inception in 2002 until its conclusion in 2012.
- Other Acting Roles: In addition to her work on “CSI: Miami,” Procter has made guest appearances on various TV shows, including “Friends,” “White Collar,” and “The Good Doctor.”
- Film Roles: Procter has also appeared in several films, such as “Leaving Las Vegas” (1995) and “The Dukes of Hazzard” (2005).
- Personal Life: Emily Procter tends to keep her personal life private. She has one daughter, Philippa Frances, born in 2010.
Emily Procter’s portrayal of Calleigh Duquesne in “CSI: Miami” is one of her most iconic roles, and she remains a recognizable figure in the world of television.