Devon Edwenna Aoki is an actress and fashion model. Aoki’s film roles include supporting roles in 2 Fast 2 Furious and Sin City and lead roles in DOA: Dead or Alive and Mutant Chronicles.
Devon Aoki is an American actress and model known for her work in the fashion industry and her appearances in films. Here is some information about her background and career:
- Early Life: Devon Edwenna Aoki was born on August 10, 1982, in New York City, USA. She is of Japanese and German ancestry.
- Modeling Career: Devon Aoki began her modeling career at a young age. She quickly gained recognition and became a popular model in the fashion world. She has appeared in numerous fashion campaigns and walked the runway for major designers.
- Film Career: Aoki transitioned from modeling to acting and made her film debut in the action-comedy “2 Fast 2 Furious” (2003). She played the character Suki, a street racer.
- Notable Films: Some of her other notable film roles include appearances in “Sin City” (2005), “DOA: Dead or Alive” (2006), and “Mutant Chronicles” (2008).
- Family Ties: Devon Aoki comes from a family with connections to the entertainment industry. Her father, Hiroaki Aoki, was a former Olympic wrestler and the founder of the Benihana restaurant chain. Her half-brother, Steve Aoki, is a well-known DJ and music producer.
- Personal Life: Aoki has had a relatively private personal life. She married James Bailey in 2011, and the couple has children together.
- Retirement: After taking a hiatus from modeling and acting to focus on her family, Aoki returned to the fashion industry in 2017 when she signed with a modeling agency.
Devon Aoki’s unique look and successful modeling career helped her transition into acting, where she has appeared in a variety of roles. Her continued involvement in the fashion industry and her family’s influence in entertainment have contributed to her enduring presence in both fields.