A blueberry muffin smoothie is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy the flavors of a blueberry muffin in a drinkable form. It’s a great option for a quick and satisfying breakfast or a refreshing snack. Here’s how to make a blueberry muffin smoothie:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or your choice of yogurt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk (dairy or dairy-free, such as almond, soy, or oat milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional, for extra flavor)
- Ice cubes (optional, for a colder smoothie)
- Combine Ingredients:
- In a blender, combine the fresh or frozen blueberries, ripe banana, Greek yogurt, rolled oats, milk, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and almond extract (if using).
- If you prefer a colder smoothie, you can also add a handful of ice cubes at this stage.
- Blend all the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If the smoothie is too thick, you can add a bit more milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Taste and Adjust:
- Taste the blueberry muffin smoothie and adjust the sweetness by adding more honey or maple syrup if needed.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy it immediately.
You can also garnish your blueberry muffin smoothie with a few extra blueberries or a sprinkle of rolled oats for a nice presentation. This smoothie captures the flavors of a classic blueberry muffin while providing the nutritional benefits of blueberries, oats, and yogurt. It’s a perfect way to start your day or curb your midday cravings.