Apple cinnamon toast is a delicious and comforting breakfast or snack option that combines the flavors of sweet, tart apples and warm, aromatic cinnamon on toast. Here’s a simple recipe to make apple cinnamon toast:
- 2 slices of bread (white, wheat, or your choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-2 apples (such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp), peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup or honey (optional, for drizzling)
- Whipped cream or yogurt (optional, for topping)
- Heat a skillet or non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet.
- Add the thinly sliced apples to the skillet and sprinkle them with granulated sugar and ground cinnamon. Adjust the sugar amount to your desired level of sweetness.
- Cook the apples, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes or until they become tender and slightly caramelized. You can add a splash of water if the skillet becomes too dry.
- While the apples are cooking, toast your bread until it’s golden brown. You can use a toaster or a toaster oven.
- Once the toast is ready, spread a thin layer of butter on each slice.
- Arrange the cooked apple slices on top of the buttered toast.
- If desired, drizzle a little maple syrup or honey over the apple slices for added sweetness.
- Optionally, top your apple cinnamon toast with a dollop of whipped cream or a spoonful of yogurt for a creamy touch.
- Serve your apple cinnamon toast warm and enjoy!
Apple cinnamon toast is a comforting and flavorful breakfast or snack option that’s perfect for chilly mornings or any time you’re craving a bit of sweetness and warmth. Feel free to customize it by adding raisins, chopped nuts, or a sprinkle of brown sugar for extra indulgence.