Spiral-sliced ham is a versatile ingredient that can be used in various creative and delicious ways beyond the traditional holiday centerpiece. Here are three fun and flavorful ways to use spiral-sliced ham:
- Ham and Cheese Stuffed Biscuits:
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuit dough (8 biscuits)
- 1 cup spiral-sliced ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven according to the biscuit dough instructions.
- Flatten each biscuit into a circle, making it about twice its original size.
- Spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on each flattened biscuit, if desired.
- Sprinkle a small amount of chopped ham and shredded cheddar cheese onto the center of each biscuit.
- Fold the biscuits in half to encase the ham and cheese completely, forming a half-moon shape. Press the edges to seal.
- Place the stuffed biscuits on a baking sheet and brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven according to the biscuit package instructions until they are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley (if desired) and serve.
- Ham and Vegetable Frittata:
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup spiral-sliced ham, diced
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (red, green, or yellow)
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh herbs (e.g., chives or parsley) for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced onions and bell peppers and sauté until they become tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the diced ham and tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ham and vegetables in the skillet.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the frittata is set and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh herbs (if desired), and slice into wedges for serving.
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza:
- Pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spiral-sliced ham, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for some heat)
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven according to the pizza dough instructions.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness.
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Arrange the thinly sliced ham and pineapple chunks on top of the cheese.
- If you like a bit of heat, sprinkle red pepper flakes over the pizza.
- Transfer the pizza to the preheated oven and bake according to the dough instructions, typically until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves (if desired) and slice for serving.
These fun and creative ways to use spiral-sliced ham can add variety to your meals and make the most of leftover ham from holiday gatherings. Enjoy these tasty dishes!