Massage is all a matter of touch. We are all sensual beings and as a result our bodies respond well to massage and human contact. When there is touch, more healing takes place.
These are some of known health benefits of Massage Therapy:
• Improves blood circulation, thus allowing increased oxygen and nutrients to be delivered to treated areas including areas that have been injured or have experienced overexertion.
• Helps to lower blood pressure.
• Aids in detoxification by propelling toxic waste products through the lymphatic system.
• Relieves stress and promote sense of well being.
• Relaxes injured muscles, reducing cramps, and muscle spasms
• Stimulates the release of the bodies’ natural endorphins which may aid in pain control.
• Provides increased exercise stretching for atrophied muscles.
In fact, increasing evidence show that massage therapy helps to bolster the immune system of a person. Some studies show of cellular changes in immune function following massage therapy, including the new research on healthy women that indicates increases in disease-fighting white blood cells and natural killer-cell activity.
Before a Massage Therapy session, you may wish to consult with the Massage Therapist as to your treatment goals. Different combinations of massage techniques may be used to attain these goals. For instance, if you have a sports injury, you may wish to have specific massage strokes targeted to reduce swelling and to improve blood flow in that area. Or the therapy session may just well be a general de-stressing and relaxing one.
If you agree that many of today’s illnesses are due to stress-related issues, then Massage Therapy which helps in the reduction of stress, can really help in the process of building white blood cells. For a better immune system and reduced stress levels, try Massage Therapy today!